Like most things in life, egg freezing comes with pros and cons. Let’s make it a list:
- It’s like having an insurance policy.
- Peace of mind.
- A plan B
- Fertility options
- Money, money, money, moooney! Not everyone has insurance coverage for egg freezing, and some IVF cycles can cost over $10,000.
- You may never use your eggs.
- You might not get a large amount out of one cycle, meaning you have to do another one.
- Shots, time commitment, and a minor surgical procedure.
- Scientists are still working towards better pregnancy rates using frozen eggs.
At the end of the day, the option is yours to make. Only you can decide if the pros out-way the cons and vice versa. At least now you have some helpful tips to make this decision a little bit easier.