Wow, congratulations! That is a big step. Here are some important tips and information to get yourself, your partner, surrogate, whoever etc. ready:
- Talk with your partner (if you have one), make sure you’re both on the same page in terms of starting a family, raising children, financials…
- Visit your gynecologist to make sure your PAP, STD and other testing is up-to-date
- Once cleared to try, start taking your prenatal vitamin if you’re not already taking one. It is important that you are taking in iron,folic acid, vitamin D and other essential vitamins and minerals
- Take note of your daily food and liquid intake. Make sure you are eating balanced meals throughout the day and drink plenty of water
- If you are a smoker, you should probably think about stopping. Smoking has drastic and potentially harmful effects on fertility, pregnancy and the health of your future child.
- Same goes for drinking!
- Go for it! Have fun trying!