The Medicine Cabinet: Erin, a Food and Wellness Blogger in Philadelphia

The Medicine Cabinet Series was created to give you a unique look at the everyday lives and wellness routines of a diverse group of women from around the country. Dive in for a candid approach to wellness unlike any other.

Today, meet Erin Morrissey, the blogger behind the health and food-focused blog and Instagram account, Erin Lives Whole. With her 120,000+ followers, Erin shares healthier recipes and alternatives to use in baking and cooking. What started as a side hobby quickly turned into her full-time career within two years.

Erin Lives Whole Medicine Cabinet

Erin lives in Philadelphia, where she spends her time juggling recipe development, social media, photography, blog writing, brand negotiation, contracts, and all of the other joys of self-employment. Read on to find out how she balances it all, while living "wholly." 

BINTO: What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? 

I’m an early-morning-workout girl, so within 10 minutes, I’m out the door to one of my favorite workouts — either spin or running! I find that if I don’t do it first thing, then it hangs over my head for the rest of the day so I like to get it done.

BINTO: Tell us about your eating habits.

Growing up, I wasn’t very concerned about healthy eating but when I went away to college I quickly realized that eating healthier foods made me feel better. I started dabbling in cooking healthier, which I ultimately fell in love with and is why I started my blog! 

My favorite healthy foods are oatmeal + peanut butter. And I have an epic recipe on my blog that combines the two.

I don’t have any allergies or intolerances, so I can basically eat anything! I know I’m very lucky for that, and I definitely take advantage of all food groups. Eating healthy 80% of the time and leaving 20% for fun stuff is a more realistic situation for me.

BINTO: What workouts do you enjoy? Which do you not enjoy?

I work out five to six days a week with a mixture of spin classes, running, and some other fitness classes that focus on strength training. I love group fitness and enjoy the atmosphere so much! So much so that even when I’m going for a run, I look for a buddy to go with.

BINTO: What was the defining moment when you realized you could take your health into your own hands?

After feeling pretty lousy my first few years of college, I decided to give eating healthier a try. I found out that I actually liked it a lot and I really loved the way it made me feel. This spiraled into me learning what healthy foods I liked and which I didn’t, and then I took the next several years to learn how to prepare them! I became addicted to that feeling of treating my body right and it has never been the same.

Erin Lives Whole Medicine Cabinet

BINTO: How has your wellness routine evolved over the years? 

I was always really active as a kid, playing every community sport possible. As I went off to college, these sports stopped and I never really went to the gym or did any form of formal exercise. I started to not feel great and realized that I wanted to change that, so I decided to pick up running and eating healthier. A few half marathons and a healthy living blog later and I would say I’m pretty into the health scene.

BINTO: Do you use Binto? If so, what kind of changes have you experienced as a result? 

Just started! So far, so good. Excited to see how it will change my overall reproductive health as I’m working towards regulating my hormones.

BINTO: What other product can’t you live without?

My Instant Pot! I just got one and I am obsessed. It’s a very food-blogger thing for me to say, but that little machine is magic!

BINTO: What is your biggest challenge in terms of health or wellness right now? 

The price tag on group fitness. I know living in a city makes it more expensive than anywhere else but I wish it was more accessible for everyone. I spend way too much money each month on fitness classes!

BINTO: How do YOU define wellness? 

Being able to eat healthy and exercise in a way that feels good for YOU, but also being able to enjoy life with treats, relaxation, and self-care. That is wellness to me!

Take Your Wellness Into Your Own Hands

5/5 (2)

Please rate this