BINTO's prenatal is built to fully support your baby's development, help fill the gaps you might be missing in your diet, and to make you feel like your best self!
Congratulations- you're having a baby (or maybe even multiple)! This can be such an exciting time, knowing you're bringing life into the world and that you'll soon get to meet a mini part of yourself. It can also be super overwhelming- and we totally get that. We want to make this as relaxing as possible for you, so here are Nurse Suzie' s recommendations for a smooth first trimester.
Essential nutrients (1):
Folate: for your baby's developing nervous system
Iron: helps your blood transport oxygen around your body
B Vitamins: for easing nausea
- Stay hydrated! Now that you are growing a human inside of you, extra water throughout the day is a necessity
- Eat small, frequent meals throughout the day. This helps relieve morning sickness
- Avoid fish high in mercury
- Avoid unpasteurized, soft cheeses
- You can still enjoy one 8 oz. cup of coffee per day if that's your thing
Your First OB Appointments
- First, you need to FIND an obstetrician or midwife in your area
- Find out where you need to deliver if your insurance caps you to a certain hospital
- Ask your OB about their birthing style- will they support your wishes?
- Ask about your first ultrasound and any other important tests you may need during the first trimester
Possible tests may include (2):
First Trimester Screen: ultrasound evaluation and maternal blood test
- What it looks for: increased fluid, abnormal levels of PAPP-A or hCG
- Detects: Risk of fetus developing Down Syndrome Trisomy-21, Trisomy-18, other chromosomal abnormalities, and certain cardiac disorders
- Does not detect: neural tube defects
This test's results may warrant additional testing.